Confession

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ok Ok Ok, I have a confession. I've been procrastinating my next blog post because I was too embarrassed to post my 3rd cooking attempt result. So for the last few days, I've been trying make some edible meals, and DEN-DEN-DUUUUN! Ta-da! Here is what I made for lunch for Hunnybuns on Tuesday and for dinner last night. He actually liked it! and it was actually tasty! And it wasn't chicken! I was sorta proud. :)

Tuesday lunch: Tacos and broccoli for lunch


Last night's dinner: steak and potatoes with creamed corn





This creamed corn was actually an accident. I didn't mean to make it this way, but I accidentally poured in too much pepper into it - thus the dark color. Creamed corn is supposed to be yellow, right? uhh...not this dark color? It looks like I burned it on the pan too. Yep.. guilty. Oops again? Yea, a LOT of pepper got poured in.... oops.... But it actually tasted SO GOOD! I put in some jalapeƱos in it that gave it a kick too. Who knew! Who said creamed corn was supposed to be yellow! :P

6 comments:

Darlene said...

YUM Haley, I think it ALL looks GREAT!!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love it! LOL! Your cooking sounds like mine, but isn't it amazing how accidents can sometimes turn out so well!

Loved reading your profile and the fact that you are deeply in love. The best advice anyone ever gave me, I heard years after I was married. I only wish I had known it before because I could have practiced it more fully beforehand.

That advice: all people speak a different kind of love language. The trick is to figure out which language your partner speaks as his primary language and respond to him accordingly. They also have a secondary language.

Some people feel loved through affirmation/compliments/praise. Some people feel loved through physical contact. Some people feel loved through receiving gifts. Some people feel loved through communication and sharing with their partner, talking things through with each other. Others feel loved from having things done for them (cooking, clothes being washed, cars being fixed, that sort of thing). I think that's the five basics. Now, if you can figure out what primary love language he speaks, speak to him in that language. There is a book about this by a man named Gary Chapman (I think). I saw a video at church years and years ago, and it was so eye opening, even for someone who had been married for as many years as I have.

Anyhow, enjoyed your blog. Sorry to turn into Ann Landers, but I just saw how happy you are and want you and your boyfriend to keep that feeling!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Haley said...

Aww.. thanks, Shiela! XOX!

Lori E said...

Well I won't give you love advice even though I have been with my guy for 34 years.
As for cooking. Relax and enjoy. Try new things and keep them simple. Often something with 20 ingredients tastes no different than something with 5 real good ingredients. I only measure for baking.

JennyMac said...

I think this looks great!!!

Macey said...

Way to go, it all looks great!
See? You can make mistakes and stumple upon a new recipe! : )

 
◄Haley's Journal.