OKAY! I'm getting ready for another night of cooking tomorrow night.
On the menu:
NY Steak broiled to a perfect medium - just like how Hunnybun likes it.
Rice Pilaf
Steamed Broccoli
It's a simple menu. There's ABSOLUTELY NO WAY I can mess this up... unless I cook the steak too long that it turns out like rubber. =\ Let's hope that doesn't happen.
and if I'm ambitious enough, I'll be baking a chocolate cake made from scratch.
I'm trying to pump myself up so that I pull off my first tasty meal tomorrow night! This time, no distractions!!
What else.... Have you ever tried to cancel your gym membership? I've been trying to cancel my 24 hour fitness gym membership because Costco is now selling a 2 year membership at a fraction of the price that I've been paying for it. They are giving me the runaround. I called corporate to cancel a few days ago and the first guy tells me that my membership will be cancelled and NOTHING should be charged to my card anymore. Low and behold, another monthly charge on my credit card yesterday. So I call them asking why the charge went through. Their reply: "Oh, I'm so sorry that happened maam. I've pushed through the cancellation once again and you shouldn't be charged anymore. And since your next month's due has been paid and you've already paid for first and last month membership when you signed up, your last day of membership will be December 2. WTF! So now, I have to wait til December 2nd to buy the membership from Costco? Sigh,.. ridiculous! And they will not refund me that last month's due, of course... =\
Stay tuned for the results of my THIRD dinner attempt! =)
Fairly Obvious
5 weeks ago



2 comments:
To cancel would mean I'd have to be a member in the first place. :/
Good luck on your dinner! :)
Haley here is a lesson from an shall we say older person.
1. Take names for everything you do like this. Who you talked to about canceling and when. Write it down.
2. Everyone has a boss. If you don't get satisfaction i.e. in a refund of this money for the canceled month then ask to talk to the persons supervisor. If they don't give you what you deserve then talk to the owner. You can find everyone on the internet.
3. Let them know that you will be going to the news to share you tale of poor underhanded service with the masses.
4. If you paid with a credit card contact them and tell them you canceled it and they kept taking payments. They may help.
I greatly dislike this sort of business practice. I tried to cancel a recurring payment for a monthly subsription once and the company just seemed to not exist. I called my credit card company and they issued me a new card so the old number could no longer be used by this company. Pain in the neck but worth it to cut them off.
Post a Comment