Good Luck Crawlers?

Monday, October 19, 2009

I was coming home from work today and saw this thing standing in front of my door.



I FREEAKED ME THE F&^*K OUT, I tell you. It was "guarding" the door, preventing me from getting into my house. I hate creepy crawlers - anything that crawls around with more than 4 legs - that includes spiders, flies, mosquitoes, wasps, lizards, potato bugs, etc... I yelped, screamed, yelled, hoping that Hunnybuns was home to "take care" of it for me. But no such luck. I was frozen with fear. I just couldn't walk past it. I just paced in front of it nervously, waiting for it to move away, hoping, praying that it wouldn't come crawl up my leg and bite me in the bootie. I felt like an idiot. This tiny little lizard against me who could easily step on it and squash it. UGH, just the thought makes me ill.

The weird thing is that I used to play with all these things when I was little. I used to go chasing around the lizards to catch them in my home-made cage with the local boys. Cruel, yea, I know. But I had more fun playing outside with the boys than playing with dolls with the girls. Big surprise. But I don't know how or when I developed this fear of these things. So bazaar.

Anyways, about 10 minutes past, and soon it scurried under the steps. I hope it creeped away from my house.

Last month, it was a praying mantis. A bright green praying mantis stood right in front of my door exactly where the lizard stood. I talked to my love psychic about it and she said that it was lucky, and that it would bring me some good fortune. And that it did! 2 days later, I got a check for $700 for a minor bumper scrape that I got from someone rear-ending me. I was going to fix it, but not if I get to keep the $700! The scrape is barely noticeable anyways.

Anyway, I don't know if this green-spotted lizard is also lucky, but I will hope it is. And pray for more praying mantis to come to my door. They do look so creepy and scary though.... I'd post a picture but I can't even bare to look at it...

3 comments:

Macey said...

I would've freaked the EFF out too! Ew!

valentine said...

a lizard AND a praying mantis? double eek!

Darlene said...

You are cracking me up over the lizard and praying mantis. I'm glad it finally left so you could get inside....lol

Hope you are having a great weekend.

 
Haley's Journal.