Peace

Saturday, December 19, 2009

I go to mass during the weekday mornings if I can get my ass up early enough to go before work. Most days, I fail to get up early, so I'd say that I only make it there maybe once or twice every 1-2 weeks. I should really force myself to go more often since it always makes me feel better after the service. But getting up early is SO HARD! Anyways, yesterday was one of those mornings when I actually did make it. Hallelujah!

You know how during the early part of service, the pastor/priest asks everyone to greet each other? The catholic mass I attend asks everyone to wish each other peace. Usually, I shove my antisocial-ness aside for that moment and look at the strangers around me to shake hands, nod with a smile, or wave. There was a Philippino man probably in his late 40s that was there with his wife (or mother, I couldn't tell). He looked at me and instead of waving or nodding, he gave me a peace sign with his hand. You know the peace sign - you make the rabbit ears with your 2 fingers? the "v"? the sign that Japanese girls make when they take pictures? I almost burst out into laughter. But bit my lip to stop. Is it just me or was that a little weird? I found it strange, but kinda cute at the same time. Maybe I'm just the weirdo.

4 comments:

SurferWife said...

That's awesome! You know he was totally just trying to spice his morning up a little!!

Macey said...

Next time I go to church and they tell me I have to stand up and greet my neighbor I'm gonna do that! :)

Nina said...

Kind-a nice. With this flu thing a lot of people are having a hard time wanting to hug someone or shake their hand. I know my 86 year old Uncle waves or does the same thing... gives the old peace sign. Peace to you. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Love and Light, Nina P

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

A peace sign? Sweet!!

 
◄Haley's Journal.