I was trying to surprise R with a spectacular meal, wearing my sexiest black lingerie outfit when he walked in the door from his 10 hour drive back from Oregon. Oh geez, it didn't quite turn out. I. Am. A. Horrible. Cook. I might as well just give up cooking right now. The dishes turned out a complete mess (looked like dog food. Who messed up pasta?!), dirty pots and pans everywhere, oven burnt, and to top it off, I got banana bread batter all over my lingerie outfit. Oh yes, I burned my banana bread too. Not quite what I planned....
When he walked in, he immediately busted out laughing. Great... :/ I'm sure I looked like a hot mess. He did taste my dishes and said that he liked it. A lot. But I knew he was just being nice. We ended up having a living room picnic with Chinese food takeout and wine he brought back from his trip. It was still quite romantic, even though the kitchen was a mess and there was still the burnt smell in the air. We stayed up all night talking about how we spent our days without each other, took a romantic drive up the coast to our "lookout point" since it was a really warm night, and made sweet love with the top down in my convertible with the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks.
Next time, I'll have to leave the cooking up to R. Or I'll just order takeout.:P



0 comments:
Post a Comment