Love Is Like a Drug

Friday, July 3, 2009

Love is precious. We all have people that we love - friends, family, our dogs, cats, etc... But finding that special someone who is your soulmate is rare. Just imagine - there are billions of people in this world. What are the odds of finding that soulmate in your lifetime? Pretty slim, I think. Many people spend their lives looking for that love, eventually settling for something they believe is what they were looking for, but find that later, it wasn't it. I feel truly blessed to found that kind of love. How do I know he's the right one? I denno. I just know. For those who are in love with their soulmates, you know what I mean. You just "know".

I'm in my 30s and have fallen in love for the first time just last year. I now know the difference between true love and... well, everything else. Intense infatuation, I guess. And being in love has given me a new perspective on giving. I want to give as much of myself as I can to him, and for him. I want to give him all of me. And most of all, I'm willing to give up anything and everything for him. And that will never change as long as I live. This, I'll never let go.

Wow, I've totally gushed again. I hope and wish for everyone that I know to get a chance to experience what I feel for Ryan in their lifetime. There's nothing else like it. It's literally like a drug, I think. I just can't get enough of it! Stephanie Meyers describes it perfectly in her book, Twilight. (I can't wait to see the 2nd movie, New Moon, btw! I've already read the entire book series twice... ha!)

0 comments:

 
◄Haley's Journal.