Quick getaway

Monday, April 29, 2013

Hunnybuns and I decided to take an impromptu trip up the coast to big sur this weekend and make a 3 day weekend out of it. (I still have to figure out our anniversary plans next weekend btw!) what a romantic trip it was. We took the 101 north in our convertible with our surfboards JUST IN CASE we saw some good surf along the way, and and extra change of clothing and our swimsuits and off we went! Nothing compares to driving up the coast with the top down and warm air blowing our hair around. Wait, nevermind. I take that back. There are better things like making love on an empty beach on a warm summer night. But nothing beats spending time with my hunny bunny. We stopped at the seashell inn along the coast in Cambria. It was owned by a nice Korean couple who offered us some kimchee when we checked in. Haha. Unfortunately, we had to pass as my hunny bunny cannot stand the smell. We were tourists in town and spent Saturday at Hearst castle, took loads of pictures, and actually took a horse riding tour. I'll never ride a horse again (ugh I think my ass is still numb from that ride). He took me to a romantic restaurant for a candlelight dinner for 2 by the water. We closed the restaurant down once again as we sat in our corner and talked about how we met and flirted with the idea of getting married. This was the first time that he ever brought up the topic and was actually serious and comfortable about talking about it. Maybe I should book us a trip to Vegas next week,....lol. I've often seen us in my dreams getting married. I'm in a simple white long gown and he's in a tuxedo with the biggest grin I've ever seen on his face. Its a bright sunny day, and we're outside on a cliff next to the beach with just a few of our friends around us and our good friend marrying us. Afterwards, we all go to a Korean buffet dinner for everyone in koreatown to eat our hearts out, then get on a plane to Maui for our honeymoon. We took a long walk on the beach, walking hand in hand, under the full moon, after which we made love all night long and got lost within each other.
The next day, we slept in and woke up just before noon to go out for brunch. We decided to stay lazy on Sunday and spent the day at the beach, surfing, napping, and eating. He even went antique shopping with me - which is huge since he doesn't like shopping.
Oh, isn't love grand?

0 comments:

 
Haley's Journal.