Birthday Lovin'

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yesterday was Hunnybun's birthday. He hates birthdays. Or more like, he hates his birthdays. Or actually, more like, he hates getting older. I wanted to throw him a surprise party, but I don't think he would have liked it. Or maybe he would have, I'm not sure. Maybe next year? He's one of those types that doesn't want to make a big deal about his birthday and has been developing a complex about getting older.

Despite his disdain for his birthdays, it was quite a nice day. Actually, a great day. I took the day off today to spend it with Hunnybuns. I made him breakfast in bed - oatmeal with fruit for breakfast (he's trying to be healthy, otherwise, I would have made pancakes.) Or more like, I added water to oatmeal that I poured out of the box. I didn't actually "make" it. We all know how glorious my cooking skills are. =\ Then we went back to bed for some lovin'. Slept. Then ordered pizza delivery for lunch. (So much for his diet.) Back to bed again for some sweet lovin', then sleep again for a cat nap. Then a short 1 hour bike ride, then back to bed for some more sweet lovin'. I was like, "OH? REALLY? uhh... okay!" =D Then out for a romantic dinner for 2 at our favorite Italian restaurant down the street. Back home for a few more tricks up my sleeve before the night was over. They involved body oil, strawberries, and a blind fold. I think he liked it.

It was one of the best days that we spent together. I think back to the journey it took for me to get to this point with him. Everything that I went through, the heartache, the tears. It was so hard while it was happening back then, but looking back, it was so worth it. I'm living my dream life with my soul mate. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. I couldn't imagine being this happy, living. I thank my love psychic everyday for her help and guidance.

I'm going to attempt to bake a cake this weekend. I hope it turns out tasty, AND that he'll eat some. I'm still wondering, would he have liked a surprise party?

3 comments:

Macey said...

But you couldn't do the "sweet lovin'" thing at a surprise party! Or maybe you could....?

Liz Mays said...

You're so sweet!!! You spoiled him!!!

LOL to MiMi's comment!

Mommy Bear said...

Very sweet! Good luck on the cake!

 
Haley's Journal.