Primp Before Exercising?

Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'm usually not a morning person. However, this morning, I got up at the crack of dawn. I have no idea why. So instead of staying in bed, I forced myself to go for a morning bike ride. These were my thoughts as I was getting ready: "Exercise is good for me, exercise is good for me, how else am I going to keep my butt from drooping? Yes, exercise is good for me.... but I'm SO TIRED!!" Hunnybuns was snoring his ass off. So there was no chance that I could fall asleep again. This is one thing that I have to make sure that I do each time I'm sleeping next to Hunnybuns. I HAVE TO make sure that I fall asleep before him, because of his snoring. Otherwise, I can't fall asleep. I swear sometimes I feel like he's going to take the roof off with his noises. Anyways, I digress.

I didn't bother brushing my teeth or washing my face. What's the point? I simply rolled into my bike clothes, pulled my hair into a ponytail, lathered on the sunscreen, and off I went. It's not like I'm gonna be talking or seeing anyone that I know on the road this morning, so who cares. I saw a lot of people jogging. I can't believe how many people are awake this early and out and about, biking, jogging, or walking their dogs. Every single woman though didn't look like they had just rolled out of bed like I did. They had make up on! Lipgloss, blush, hair done. It doesn't make sense. Who puts on makeup before they go exercising? Maybe it's a Los Angeles thing? I did see a fair amount of women with boob implants, walking their dogs, on my route. The makeup is just going to melt off with the sweat anyway, right? Unless they're not planning to sweat. But if you don't sweat, it's not exercise, right? Sigh... I felt a little out of place, looking like I just woke up - which I just did. Egh, but who cares....

4 comments:

septembermom said...

I bet you looked great! The less you have to depend on makeup, the better. It becomes a crutch for some women.

My hubby snores too!!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Great blog here! I agree, why primp before exercising? Won't it just clog the pores and such? I used to, but as a married mom, what's the point? I am not trying to impress anyone.

Liz Mays said...

I don't get that either! My son showers before he goes to the club and I just don't see the reason!

Libbie said...

So funny! That is crazy! Yes definately an LA thing. I am sure you did look beautiful! Running just does that! :) & yopur make up wasn't running :)

 
Haley's Journal.