Cuckoo Cuckoo!

Monday, September 28, 2009

It's official! I am CRAZY. Why? Because I was so determined to ride my bike yesterday that I went biking in triple digit heat? Never try this at home, btw. I thought I was going to die. Hunnybuns thought I was crazy. uh-huh. But I woke up late, it was almost 10am, but I still wanted to get a ride in, so off I went.

Sure, when I started, it was about 75? Half way into my ride, I had already drank 4 bottles of water, finished my food, my arms were starting to shake, and my legs were tingling - classic sign of bonking and heat exhaustion? I stopped at every shade that I came across, and kept pouring water over my head which immediately evaporated from the heat. I felt my handlebars and they were VERY WARM. =\ I knew that temps were well into the 90s. It was 1:30pm by the time I finished. A ride that typically takes me 90-100 minutes. Yep....

So, why didn't I call Hunnybuns to come pick me up? UMM....Emm... because I was determined to prove him wrong! Yea, stupid, right?

I was crazy to go bike in triple digit heat. I admit it. I probably could have passed out if I wasn't careful.

Sigh... learned my lesson. I won't be doing THAT again...

Yes, I AM CRAZY.

0 comments:

 
Haley's Journal.