Dinner for Hunnybuns

Monday, September 28, 2009

I think I'm going to ATTEMPT to cook dinner for Hunnybuns tomorrow night again. Oh no, here we go again.... This time I'll take some pictures to display my non-existent cooking skills. =\

What's on the menu? Chicken and RICE, of course! But, I'm going to try something different. You see, Hunnybuns eats chicken and rice all the time since he and so many other foods don't get along. So I need to be careful, or I'll be paying for it in bed!

I want to make him something that isn't what he eats all the time, but at the same time, it can't be something that he's allergic to - which leaves CHICKEN & RICE. How many ways can I cook chicken & rice here?

This is what I came up with. I found brown rice pasta from Trader Joe's(Hunnybuns is allergic to pasta =\), honey mustard chicken breast broiled to perfection and topped off with mango salsa that I'll make from scratch (I hope he's not allergic to mangos - not sure...). And some broiled asparagus brushed with some olive oil. Good? Finish it off with.... apple pie a la mode! (apple pie will be pre-made from Trader Joe's frozen section :) but I'll pass it off as my own - shhh!!!) mu-ha-ha-ha-ha... O yea, red wine - Menois A Trois red blend.

I wonder how long it will take me to cook this meal. Or, how long it will take me to give up and just order take out from a restaurant and pass it off as my meal. HA!

We shall see!! :)

0 comments:

 
Haley's Journal.