Big Bird Italiano

Thursday, August 6, 2009

So, I just got back from my favorite Italian restaurant. I hadn't been there in a while and Hunnybuns was working late, so I went for a nice dinner with a girlfriend for a change. 2 women walking into a trendy Italian restaurant - we got some looks. I was a little uncomfortable. I was so uncomfortable that I actually checked my fly to make sure it wasn't open. HA! Am I the only person that does that? Women check their faces to make sure that there's nothing stuck on there like... a piece of bread or rice or something. Right? But I check my fly. Hm.... Is there something wrong with me? I told my girlfriend and she told me there's something wrong with me. =\

Anyways, we get a table outside since it's nice 75 degrees out. And the waiter comes over to take our order. I order my usual for the both of us since my girlfriend has a hard time ordering. I just took control and ordered for her. That's right - I was the "man" on this date. Haha! Anyways, then the waiter started to tell us about the wine selection, he actually started flirting with both of us, asking us our names, what we did for a living, touching us on our shoulders, etc... . Is this normal? Sure, we flirted back to try to score some free food and drinks, (I cannot turn down free food) but I was completely grossed out! I hid it well, my friend.

Yes, the attention was nice, but because I had Hunnybuns waiting for me at home, I almost wanted to hurl! We did manage to get free dessert out of this dinner, but what did it cost? He actually kissed both of us on the cheeks!! Now, is that normal? Not normal, right? Maybe I wouldn't have minded so much if he was Rob Pattinson, Ricky Martin, or just hot, nice body, handsome, tall, big hands (hahaha!). But no, he reminded me of Big Bird actually because of his curly hair. Nice guy, but C'Mon... no flirting with the customers please!

I hurried back home, complained to Hunnybuns, and hopped right into bed with him, thankful that he was him and not Big Bird.

I won't be going there without Hunnybuns anymore.... =\

1 comments:

Cristina said...

I check my fly too! Actually, I should do it more often because I've come home far too many times only to discover my fly was down for who knows how long. :-) Congrats on finding love! I'm still looking...

 
Haley's Journal.