Sleep? Who Needs Sleep?!?!!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I think this past weekend was the best weekend ever with Ry. It just gets better and better! I couldn't imagine being this happy with someone like this. We had a chance to get closer which was good. Actually, more than good. It was great! Super! Better than Super - if there's a word for that. I was so distracted just thinking about my time with Ryan that I couldn't get anything done today at work! Just smiling, walking on cloud 9, zoning out...

This past weekend was one of those monthly group surf trips that Ry organizes monthly. Saturday morning, we all met at the designated meet spot to get ourselves organized before paddling out. Surf was looking pretty good - looked challenging but not an ass-kicker. I gave him a little household trinket because during our last phone conversation he mentioned that he didn't have one. Because it was in the shape of an animal, he named it after me - a name too embarrassing to mention. Ry was in a good mood so I was looking forward to some alone time with him.

Saturday evening, after dinner, Ry and I came back to where we were camping. We watched a movie on my laptop in the back of his car and stayed up to talk for awhile and enjoying each other. We had a chance to get close and physical. It was so uncanny how he knew exactly how to touch me. I'll spare you the details since I don't want to get too mushy or graphic here. LOL! And even though I had gotten only 4 hours of sleep the previous night, I was able to stay up from the high of having him next to me.

Have you ever been with someone where you wanted to cherish every moment with them so much that you wanted to forego even sleeping? Because if you slept, you'd miss out on his company while you were unconscious in deep sleep? Because I don't get to spend much time with Ryan, I wanted to stay awake as long as possible to have as much time with him to remember as I could. I finally gave up at 4am to fall asleep for about 3 and a half hours.... just in time for another sesh in the water.

When we got up to get ready for another awesome day of surfing, Ryan was in a really good mood. Even better than the day before despite barely 4 hours of sleep. I woke up happier than ever, even though I was OH SO tired from lack of sleep. But I didn't care. As long as he was next to me, I was willing to forego as much sleep as I could. The drive back home though was brutal.

I feel closer to him than ever before. I can see our future together more clearly than ever before. I see us living together in a house with lots of tall trees, near a place where he and I would take regular walks through those trees. Making love all day and all night. Playing with our daughter at a nearby playground, him sleeping with our child on his chest.

I see our life, our daughter, our love ahead.

Sleep? who needs sleep?!?! wink wink...=]

1 comments:

kel said...

So very sweet! Love is grand!

 
Haley's Journal.