One morning a few weeks after I began to attend church, I went to Costco and bought myself 2 big bouquet of roses for myself. I used to not like flowers; “Why spend the money for flowers? They just end up dead.” I didn’t want to deal with the hassle of the cleanup or spending the money on flowers. But lately, I’d had frequent urges to bring flowers home. I love the images of nature, trees, green meadows, and wildflower fields that the fresh scent of fresh flowers remind me of.
I realized that I felt myself changed. I didn't feel as "hard" as I used to be, if that makes sense. I feel more sympathetic toward people, more forgiving and kind. I've noticed that I look at people differently now. I wanted to connect with people, rather than shutting them out like I had wanted before.
I was more empathetic toward people, and definitely less harsh with people who I hadn’t had much respect for in the past. I even started leaving tips in the tip jar – which I never did before. EVER. And giving money to the homeless - I figured they needed it more than I did. I appreciated the differences in people – not just in the different race and color, but the differences in personalities, different likes and dislikes, different colors that people portrayed, I guess. I saw an endless rainbow of different people and started to appreciate the differences that those different people filled in the world. This is the way that I should always have been. Seeing people in this light gave me more comfort in my heart, more peace of mind with myself. How many billions of people in this world? So many people, each with different spirits, different likes and dislikes...different souls. I saw the world as a beautiful place.
The Christian religion says to always "Love thy neighbor". And after attending church 3 times a week for the past few months, I really want to love my neighbor. Seriously. 3 years of living in my apartment, and I've probably said total of 10 words to my neighbors. =\ Yes, I'm bad. I always kept to myself, didn't want to socialize, didn't want to deal with people bothering me or inviting me to their parties which I would never attend. All because I wanted to stay in my lonely bubble. Not anymore.
I spoke to my love psychic about this "transformation", as one might put it. She, a Catholic herself, said that it's God moving me, and bringing me into the light.
The day the music died
1 week ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment