Second Visit With My Love Psychic

Friday, March 13, 2009

I went back to see my psychic for the second time a few days later. This time, I brought a picture of my family and Ryan. Ryan is someone that I'd made a connection with last spring through surfing. He was someone that I thought about. A lot. But he was already in a relationship, so I had given up on any hope for him and me.

I handed her the pictures that I had brought. I was, again, shocked when she began to explain things about my family just from looking the picture that I had brought. She told me things about the dynamics of my family that only I would know. She said that my family was not close, that we did not communicate much, and that my childhood was not one that showed a lot of care and affection throughout. All true. My Mom was always there to make sure that I was fed, was clothed, and did my homework, obviously, but emotionally, I never got much support from them. I was left to fend for myself and figure things out on my own in this respect.

When she looked at the picture of Ryan, she paused, closed her eyes, thought for a few seconds, and finally said,

“Well, obviously, you’re in love with this person.”

I immediately burst into tears once again. Up until this point, I had been in denial of what I was feeling for Ryan. I had been trying so hard to suppress my feelings and shove it aside so that I could try to be happy with someone else. When she said these words, I couldn't hold it in any longer. She had just reaffirmed the fact that I was failing miserably in trying to forget about him. She went on to say that he was also in love with me too, but that he may not realize it because he wasn't seeing the real me. Plus, he was in a relationship that he was already used to. To him, it was familiar and comfortable.

When I heard this, I was hit with a wave of emotion. I saw some hope in being with Ryan because he wasn't in love with his girlfriend. But at the same time, I was crushed to hear that he didn't see the real me. And as a result, he didn't see me as someone that he could be with long term. My love psychic reassured me that she could help change this.

0 comments:

 
Haley's Journal.