
In November last year, I put my car up for sale and instantly got calls from all over the country, even a couple from Europe. Because it was a collector's car and I kept it in pristine condition, I knew I'd be able to sell it right away. After showing the car to a couple of interested parties, I still hadn't sold my car. Main reason being that I didn't want to sell my car to someone who would not care for it as much as I did. I had grown a bit attached to my car after having babied it for so long.
Why did I buy have this car in the first place, you ask? Well, the last person that I had dated was into cars. Cars and surfing - those were his obsessions. And because I had been with him for a couple of years, I adopted his enthusiasm for them as well. It worked well enough - we were able to do almost everything together - all that involved cars or surfing. When he and I broke up, the car and surfing stayed with me.
So back to the story. Because I was so put off by the people who had come to see my car and giving me lowball offers, I thought about pulling my car off the market when I got a call from Charlie, my love psychic's husband, who was hunting for a classic car exactly like mine. He came by to take a look at my car and instantly loved it. I liked him from the beginning and ended up selling it to him at a lower price than I originally wanted, because I knew that he would take care of my car. Couple days after I handed over the keys to Charlie, I received a voicemail message from Charlie's wife inquiring about where to maintain the car. I called her back, but her voicemail box was full, so I texted her my mechanic’s information to her.
That following Monday at the end of my day at work, I received a call back from her. I was happy to speak to her about the mechanic that had maintained my car for the past 2 years. But during the phone call, she began to tell me that she knew what I was going through and verbalized exactly how I had been feeling about life - the confusion, the loneliness, the disappointments, my plan to try to leave, all down to the tee. I immediately burst into tears. I was shocked that she knew these things that I had never told anyone. She explained that she was a psychic and wanted to see me immediately to help.
I was suspicious, of course. How could she have known all this? Is she for real? A psychic? They're not for real. Right? But she knew exactly how I had been feeling - the confusion, huge emotional swings, loneliness, void, depression. I decided to see her and left work promptly that evening.
Story continues with Serendipitous Connection


0 comments:
Post a Comment